Home » , » Tofu Asparagus Stir Fry

Tofu Asparagus Stir Fry

Written By Smita Patel on Tuesday, April 5, 2016 | 6:58:00 PM



Tofu is great source of protein. This stir fry with Asparagus is a great combination.


Ingredients

  • 1 Extra Firm Tofu
  • 1 bunch of asparagus
  • 1 tsp oil
  • 1/2 tsp chili flaks
  • 1/2 tsp chili sauce
  • 1/2 tbsp soya sauce
  • 1 tsp garlic salt


Steps for Stir Fry

  1. Drain Tofu and wash it once. Dry the excess moisture with paper towel. You can drain and dry the tofu but if you don’t have time, you can use the dry one too. 
  2. Cut tofu into about 8 equal pieces. Take a pan on medium to high heat. Don’t add any oil into this as we would first dry out the tofu in the hot pan. Put all big tofu pieces into the hot pan. Reduce the heat to medium.
  3. Flip the tofu every 4-5 minutes till its bit golden on both sides. 

  4. Cut these big pieces into small 1 inch pieces

  5. Meanwhile, remove the stem of asparagus. You can hold the asparagus and just bend it. It will break into two halves. Discard the bottom half. Wash asparagus and cut them into 1 to 1&1/2  inch pieces

  6. Take oil in the same hot pan and add the asparagus pieces. Sauté them for few seconds or till they would become in dark green color

  7. Add garlic salt
  8. Add tofu into the pan while stirring continuously
  9. Add chilies, chilies sauce, and soy sauce while stirring frequently
  10. Serve hot in a plate
SHARE

About Smita Patel

I'm Smita Patel. I'm currently full time mom for my two kids. By profession, I am an engineer and was working full time job but stopped working so I can give ample time to my kids.
My love for cooking started after I had kids as I would be always searching for new ways to make them eat perfect meals. Making them eat the same food made it boring for. So I started searching and experimenting with different recipes. And my family is loving it.
More

0 comments :

Post a Comment