Home » , » Vagharela Mamra ( Spicy Puffed Rice)

Vagharela Mamra ( Spicy Puffed Rice)

Written By Smita Patel on Monday, May 2, 2016 | 9:31:00 PM


Mamra is a Gujarati word of puffed rice. Vagharela mamra is very light and anytime favorite snacks among all ages and it is very easy and quick recipe.

Ingredients :

  • 1 Packet Mamra(Puffed rice) - 400 gm(14 oz)
  • 4 tbsp Oil
  • 1 tsp Mustard seeds
  • 1 tsp Cumin seeds
  • 5-6 Curry leaves
  • 1/2 cup Peanuts(optional)
  • 1 tbsp Red chili powder
  • 1 tsp Turmeric powder
  • Salt to taste
  • 2 tbsp Granulated sugar

Steps:

  1. Heat the oil in big wide pan on medium heat. When oil is hot, add Mustard seeds till it crackle. then add cumin seeds and curry leaves. 

  2. Now add peanuts and roast it until its golden brown. 
  3. Add Turmeric powder. 
  4. Immediately add puffed rice, mix well and lower the heat. 
  5. Add Red chili powder, Salt and sugar. You can adjust the spices as per your taste. Mix well and cook while stirring constantly for about 3-4 minutes on low heat. when it is done, off the heat and let it cool down completely. 

  6. Enjoy it in snacks anytime. 

Notes :

  • You can find puffed rice named Mamra in any Indian store. 
  • When it is cool down completely, you can store it in airtight container and enjoy it for 2-3 weeks.
  • You can also add sev in it for different variation or some more flavor. It is called sev mamra.



SHARE

About Smita Patel

I'm Smita Patel. I'm currently full time mom for my two kids. By profession, I am an engineer and was working full time job but stopped working so I can give ample time to my kids.
My love for cooking started after I had kids as I would be always searching for new ways to make them eat perfect meals. Making them eat the same food made it boring for. So I started searching and experimenting with different recipes. And my family is loving it.
More

0 comments :

Post a Comment