Home » , » Potato tomato curry (Aloo tamatar curry)

Potato tomato curry (Aloo tamatar curry)

Written By Smita Patel on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 | 11:05:00 PM

Potato tomato curry is simple and easy recipe to make and also very delicious with sweet and tangy taste. It is everyone's favorite curry.

 Ingredients :

  • 2 cup boiled, peeled and diced potatoes
  • 1+1/2 cup tomatoes chopped (3 medium tomatoes)
  • 1+1/2 tbsp oil
  • 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
  • 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1 tsp red chili powder
  • 2 tsp coriander-cumin powder
  • salt to taste
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp jaggery
  • 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves

Steps :

  1. On medium flame, put oil in deep pan. When oil gets hot, add mustard seeds and let it crackle then add cumin seeds. At this point you can also add finely chopped green chili or one dry red chili(optional) to make more spicy. I haven't add it as my kids don't eat spicy food.
  2. Now add turmeric powder and potatoes and mix it well.

  3. Add tomato, red chili powder, coriander-cumin powder, salt and water.stir it well.
     
  4. Lower the heat and let it cook with covered lid for 10-12 min. Stir it occasionally.
  5. Now add jaggery, mix it and cook until jaggery is melted and mix in curry. It will take 5 more mins. Garnish it with coriander leaves. 
  6. Serve with roti, paratha or rice.


SHARE

About Smita Patel

I'm Smita Patel. I'm currently full time mom for my two kids. By profession, I am an engineer and was working full time job but stopped working so I can give ample time to my kids.
My love for cooking started after I had kids as I would be always searching for new ways to make them eat perfect meals. Making them eat the same food made it boring for. So I started searching and experimenting with different recipes. And my family is loving it.
More

0 comments :

Post a Comment