Home » , , » Cheese Pudla (Cheesy gram flour pancake)

Cheese Pudla (Cheesy gram flour pancake)

Written By Smita Patel on Thursday, May 12, 2016 | 8:33:00 PM

Cheese is all time kids favorite. Cheesy pudla is made combination of gram flour, spices and cheese. You can check out my earlier post to make pudla. Here prepare the same batter as earlier. There are two styles we can make cheesy pudla, one add chese in batter will make fluffy cheesy pudla in each bite, second add cheese in half part on pudla and roll other half on it like cheese dosa.

Ingredients :

  • 1 cup gram / chickpea flour
  • 1/2 tsp red chili powder
  • 1/3 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
  • 1/3 tsp baking soda or fruit salt
  • salt to taste 
  • 1/2 cup water or as needed
  • oil 
  • 1/2 cup fenugreek leaves
  • 1 cup cheese

Steps :

  1. Prepare the Pudla batter from my earlier post for Pudla recipe. Divide batter in two parts and keep it aside.
  2. Put a non stick griddle(tawa) on a medium high heat. Drizzle oil before pouring the batter on tawa. 
Method1
  1. Pour batter on pan and spread in a circular fashion to make thin pudla. This should be similar to how you make dosa or a pancake. 
  2. Add few drops of oil around the edge of the Pudla. 
  3. When the top side is almost become dry, add cheese on half part of pudla and continue to cook on low heat so cheese will start melting.
  4. Now roll the another half part on cheese. 
  5. Cut it in triangular shape and serve hot with ketch up, chutney or tea.

Method2
  1. In second part of batter, add 1/2 cup of cheese and start making pudla.
  2. Pour batter on tawa and spread in a circular fashion to make thin pudla. This should be similar to how you make dosa or a pancake. 
  3. Add few drops of oil around the edge of the Pudla. 
  4. When the top side become almost dry, flip the pudla in other side and cook it until its done.
  5. Cut it and/or serve it with Ketch up or chutney.


Pudla can be prepared without cheese as well. Check my earlier post Pudla for step by step recipe.



SHARE

About Smita Patel

I'm Smita Patel. I'm currently full time mom for my two kids. By profession, I am an engineer and was working full time job but stopped working so I can give ample time to my kids.
My love for cooking started after I had kids as I would be always searching for new ways to make them eat perfect meals. Making them eat the same food made it boring for. So I started searching and experimenting with different recipes. And my family is loving it.
More

0 comments :

Post a Comment