Home » , , » Spinach Thepla (Palak thepla) (Dhebara)

Spinach Thepla (Palak thepla) (Dhebara)

Written By Smita Patel on Saturday, April 16, 2016 | 9:16:00 PM


Thepla is very popular Gujarati dish. There are different verities in thepla which can be made with different vegetables of your choice like spinach, lauki (squash), methi (fenugreek leaves). Here is the recipe of spinach thepla.

Ingrediants :


  • 2 cup wheat flour
  • 3 tbsp oil
  • 2 tsp salt (to taste)
  • 1 tbsp garlic paste
  • 1 tsp green chili paste(optional)
  • 1 tsp red chili powder
  • 1 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp carom seeds (ajawain)
  • 1 tbsp sesame seeds
  • 1 cup spinach chopped
  • 1/2 cup water, as needed

Steps:

  1. Take wheat flour in a bowl. Add oil, salt, sugar, garlic paste, green chili paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, carom seeds, sesame seeds and lemon juice into flour. 
  2. Mix all these ingredients together. Add spinach in the bowl and mix together 
  3. Add water and knead the dough 

  4. Make a small ball and roll it like paratha to make Thepala 
     
  5. Take a nonstick pan (or tawa) on medium high heat 
  6. Put Thepala on pan an let it cook for few minutes or till top looks dry 
  7. Now flip Thepala on other side and let it cook for a minute 
  8. Put few drops of oil around thepala and cook by pressing with spatula for few seconds. Repeat this for other side as well. Keep pressing with spatula until you see brown color on both sides. 

     
  9. Apply some ghee or butter and serve hot with pickle, jaggery, or tea 


SHARE

About Smita Patel

I'm Smita Patel. I'm currently full time mom for my two kids. By profession, I am an engineer and was working full time job but stopped working so I can give ample time to my kids.
My love for cooking started after I had kids as I would be always searching for new ways to make them eat perfect meals. Making them eat the same food made it boring for. So I started searching and experimenting with different recipes. And my family is loving it.
More

0 comments :

Post a Comment