Home » , , » Dudhi chana subji (Lauki Chana dal subji)

Dudhi chana subji (Lauki Chana dal subji)

Written By Smita Patel on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 | 8:22:00 PM


Dudhi chana provides a nice combination of pules and vegetables in a subji - also with a nice color.

Ingredients

  • Chana daal
  • Dudhi (lauki), chopped in 1 cm square pieces
  • oil
  • mustard seeds
  • cumin seeds
  • asafoetida (hing)
  • red chili powder
  • turmeric powder
  • coriander cumin powder
  • salt
  • jaggery
  • lemon juice
  • water

Steps

  1. Rinse and Soak chana daal in water for 2 hours. Drain well when need to be used
  2. Add oil in a pan on a medium heat. Add mustard seeds. Add cumin seeds when mustard seeds starts to crackle. Also add asafoetida 
  3. Add dudhi pieces, pinch of salt 
  4. Add 1/4 cup water. Let it cook for 10-15 minutes with covered lid on low medium heat. In this step, we would try to make sure dudhi is almost cooked, but not mushy, as chana daal tends to cook very fast.
  5. Add chanla daal, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander & cumin powder, salt (as per taste) and 1 cup of water. Mix well. Let it cook with covered lid for 10 minutes on same heat.
  6. When chana daal is cooked but not mushy and water is absorbed, add jaggery and lemon juice. Mix well and cook it for 2 minutes 
     
  7. Serve hot with chapati or parotha


SHARE

About Smita Patel

I'm Smita Patel. I'm currently full time mom for my two kids. By profession, I am an engineer and was working full time job but stopped working so I can give ample time to my kids.
My love for cooking started after I had kids as I would be always searching for new ways to make them eat perfect meals. Making them eat the same food made it boring for. So I started searching and experimenting with different recipes. And my family is loving it.
More

0 comments :

Post a Comment