Home » , » Spinach Masoor Dal

Spinach Masoor Dal

Written By Smita Patel on Thursday, April 21, 2016 | 11:15:00 PM


Masoor dal is very healthy as it is rich of protein and spinach add more flavor in it.

Ingredients :

  • 1 cup Masoor dal
  • 1/2 cup split moong dal
  • 1 cup chopped tomatoes
  • 3 cup water
  • 1 cup chopped spinach
  • salt to taste
  • 1 tsp red chili powder
  • 1 tsp turmeric powder
  • 2 tsp coriander - cumin powder
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 1/2 tsp ginger paste
  • 1 tsp garlic paste
  • 1 tsp mustard seeds
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • pinch of asafoetida
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped

Steps :

  1. Rinse and soak the split moong dal in water for 2 hours then drain it well. 
  2. Wash the masoor dal well. Now on medium heat, add masoor dal. moong dal, tomatoes and 3 cup water in pressure cooker and boil till 1 whistle. when the air is escaped from pressure cooker and open the lid. Do not mash the dal. 

  3. On lower heat, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander - cumin powder, salt and spinach. Mix well and stir occasionally so dal would not stick to bottom. 

  4. On medium heat, in small pan, take oil then add mustard seeds. when it crackle, add cumin seeds, asafoetida and ginger garlic paste. Cook it for few seconds. 

  5. Add this tempering to dal, mix well and cook it for 10 mins on lower heat. add the lemon juice. 

  6. Garnish it with coriander leaves. 
  7. Serve hot with roti, paratha or rice.  

Notes :

  • You can make this with masoor dal only or combine both masoor and moong dal. Combination of both dal make taste really nice. 
  • You can add more water for required consistency.








SHARE

About Smita Patel

I'm Smita Patel. I'm currently full time mom for my two kids. By profession, I am an engineer and was working full time job but stopped working so I can give ample time to my kids.
My love for cooking started after I had kids as I would be always searching for new ways to make them eat perfect meals. Making them eat the same food made it boring for. So I started searching and experimenting with different recipes. And my family is loving it.
More

0 comments :

Post a Comment