Kala Chana Chat

Written By Smita Patel on Saturday, April 9, 2016 | 9:40:00 PM



Chana chat is very delicious and yummy snack or also serve as a starter. It is full of protein and good taste of spice, sour and sweetness. This is very easy to make in no time if you have boiled chana. Chana chat can be served as hot or cold.



Ingredients:

  • 2 cup Boiled Kala Chana
  • 1 cup Boiled Potatoes - peeled and chopped
  • 2 medium Tomatos chopped
  • 1 small onion finely chopped
  • 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
  • Salt to taste
  • 1/2 tsp Chat masala
  • 1/2 tsp Mango powder
  • 1/2 tsp Sanchal (black salt)
  • 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
  • 1 tsp Lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp tamarind chutney
  • 2 tbsp spicy green chutney (coriander and green chili chutney)

Steps

  1. Rinse the 1 cup Kala chana then soak it with 3 cup of water for 6-8 hours. Now drain it, add water and salt in it and boil it in pressure cooker for 6-7 whistle on medium heat.  Open the cooker once the air is released completely. If you have leftover boiled chana then go to next step.
     
  2. Take 2 cup boiled chana in big bowl and add potatoes. tomatos, onion and coriander leaves. 
  3. Add chat masala, mango powder, sanchal, red chili powder, lemon juice, salt, tamarind chutney and spicy green chutney. you can adjust all the spices as per your taste. Taste the salt before adding as it is also added while boiling the chana.
  4. Now mix everything very well and serve it. 


Note

If you want to serve chana chat as cold or want to eat later then don't add coriander leaves and lemon juice. Just add it before serving.



SHARE

About Smita Patel

I'm Smita Patel. I'm currently full time mom for my two kids. By profession, I am an engineer and was working full time job but stopped working so I can give ample time to my kids.
My love for cooking started after I had kids as I would be always searching for new ways to make them eat perfect meals. Making them eat the same food made it boring for. So I started searching and experimenting with different recipes. And my family is loving it.
More

0 comments :

Post a Comment