Home » » Roasted Thin Poha Chevda

Roasted Thin Poha Chevda

Written By Smita Patel on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 | 9:59:00 PM

This is very light snacks prepared using Thin Poha. Contrary to other recipe, this recipe doesn't fry the poha but just roast it. The final snack is amazingly light and crunchy.

Ingredients :

  • 2 lb Thin Poha (0.9 kg)
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 3 green chili finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup peanut
  • 1/2 cup fried cashew
  • 2 tbsp fennel seeds
  • 2 tbsp sesame seeds
  • 1/3 cup dry coconut thin sliced
  • 2 tsp red chili powder
  • 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
  • 4 tbsp sugar
  • 3 tbsp lemon juice
  • salt to taste

Steps:

  1. In wide big pan, on low heat, roast the poha without any oil. Continuously stir the poha so it will not burn to bottom. It will take long time as need to do on low heat. Keep it aside when poha become crispy

  2. In same big pan, on medium heat, heat oil in it. Now add green chili and saute it.
  3. Add peanuts and saute it till golden for a minute. Green chili become dark in color almost dry, no moist in it as we need for this recipe.
  4. Now add cashew, fennel seeds, sesame seeds, dry coconut slice and saute it for two minutes.
  5. Add turmeric powder, 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp lemon juice in it. so dry fruits have hint of taste of salt and lemon.
  6. Add roasted poha, lower the heat and mix it very well.
  7. Now add sugar, red chili powder and 2 tbsp lemon juice. Also adjust salt as your taste. Mix everything very well. Continue to stir and roast it for few minutes or until spices are mixed well in poha. You can adjust spices as per your taste more or less.

  8. Its ready to enjoy anytime. 

Notes :

  • You can store it in air tight container once it is completely cool down and enjoy it for 3-4 weeks.




SHARE

About Smita Patel

I'm Smita Patel. I'm currently full time mom for my two kids. By profession, I am an engineer and was working full time job but stopped working so I can give ample time to my kids.
My love for cooking started after I had kids as I would be always searching for new ways to make them eat perfect meals. Making them eat the same food made it boring for. So I started searching and experimenting with different recipes. And my family is loving it.
More

1 comments :

  1. Thanks for recipe. I made it today and it turn out awesome... my husbnd loved it🤗

    ReplyDelete