Home » » Plain Rice

Plain Rice

Written By Smita Patel on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 | 11:22:00 PM

Plain rice is very well-known all around the world. It is very simple and easy recipe to make, but sometimes it become very sticky to each other and grains are not separated. Today I am making plain rice with all the grains are long and separated with each other, you can also make it without failure. For this recipe, I am using basmati rice(you can use any long grain rice).

Ingredients :

  • 1 cup basmati rice
  • salt to taste
  • water
  • few drop of lemon juice

Steps :

  1. Rinse the basmati rice few times or very well. While you rinse, water will be off white in color, that is all starch that we are trying to remove get individual grain of cooked rice.
  2. Once you can see clear water, soak the rice for 30 minutes.
  3. Drain rice well.
  4. Now on medium heat, put rice,salt and 6 cup of water in big pan and let it boil.You can mix all and let it boil or you can first boil water and salt then add soaked rice in it, when water comes to boil. Its your choice to make.
  5. Stir it once and continue boil and cook the rice. Rice will start to become soft.
  6. When you fill like rice is done, check the grain with your finger tip. It will take about 20 minutes to cook rice.
  7. When its about to done, add few drop of lemon juice in it, mix with fork then drain the water with strainer.
  8. Immediately transfer the rice in pot and cover it and rest it for 5 mins.

  9. Rice is ready to serve and you can see that each grains are long and separated.
  10. Enjoy with dal, curry or any dish you want.


Notes :

  • You can also add 1 tsp oil in water to make the perfect individual grain of rice.



SHARE

About Smita Patel

I'm Smita Patel. I'm currently full time mom for my two kids. By profession, I am an engineer and was working full time job but stopped working so I can give ample time to my kids.
My love for cooking started after I had kids as I would be always searching for new ways to make them eat perfect meals. Making them eat the same food made it boring for. So I started searching and experimenting with different recipes. And my family is loving it.
More

0 comments :

Post a Comment