Home » » Parval Subji (Pointed gourd Subji)

Parval Subji (Pointed gourd Subji)

Written By Smita Patel on Monday, June 27, 2016 | 8:04:00 AM

Parval is also known as pointed gourd or other name in different part of India. Parval is generally made with potato or stuffed Parval, Today I am going to make only dry parval subji with simple ingredients and it tastes amazing as well.

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb Parval
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
  • 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1/3 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1/2 tsp red chili powder
  • 1&1/2 tsp coriander-cumin powder
  • Salt to taste
  • 1/3 tsp sugar

Steps :

  • Soak Parval in water for 10 minutes, Then gently wash each parval with your hand like scrubbing with fingers under running water. If you do so then there is no need to scrub or remove parval skin with knife, you can cut parval with skin as well.
  • Now trim both end and cut it in thin long slices as shown in picture.
  • On medium heat, in dip kadai(sauce pan), put oil then add mustard seeds when oil gets hot. let mustard seeds crackle then add cumin seeds.
  • Add cut parval and stir it. If you want to add potato then cut potato in long slice and add it.
  • Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander-cumin powder and salt. Mix it well.

  • Lower the heat, cover the kadai with dip dish and pour some water in it. Stir occasionally.

  • Check the parval with spoon if its done or not. When its done remove the lid, discard water and add sugar in parval subji, mix it and let it cook for 2-3 minutes without lid on medium heat.

  • Serve hot with roti or paratha. 


SHARE

About Smita Patel

I'm Smita Patel. I'm currently full time mom for my two kids. By profession, I am an engineer and was working full time job but stopped working so I can give ample time to my kids.
My love for cooking started after I had kids as I would be always searching for new ways to make them eat perfect meals. Making them eat the same food made it boring for. So I started searching and experimenting with different recipes. And my family is loving it.
More

0 comments :

Post a Comment