Home » » Tindora subji

Tindora subji

Written By Smita Patel on Sunday, June 5, 2016 | 3:36:00 AM

Tindora is green vegetable, also known as ivy gourd, tondli or giloda and popular in many parts of india. It is healthy, tasty and dry subji goes very well with roti, paratha or bhakhari.

Ingredients :


  • 1 lb Tindora (500 gm)
  • 4 tbsp oil
  • 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
  • 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp red chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
  • 2 tsp coriander/cumin powder
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 tbsp jaggery
  • water

Steps :


  1. Soak Tindora in large bowl filled with water. Wash them under running water very well.
  2. Trim  both sides of tindora and cut it in thin slices, wash it again and remove excess water using strainer.
  3. On medium heat, heat oil in pan. Crackle mustard and cumin seeds.
  4. Now add tindora and mix well. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander/cumin powder and salt to taste. Stir it well.

  5. Do not add water in it. cover it with dip dish lid and pour one glass of water in lid and let the subji cook on low-medium heat.

     
  6. Stir it occasionally, cook it until tindora are tender and about to done, add jaggery, mix well, remove water from lid and cook with covered lid for few minutes or until jaggery is melt and mixed well in subji.

  7. Tindora subji is ready to serve with roti or bhakhari.





SHARE

About Smita Patel

I'm Smita Patel. I'm currently full time mom for my two kids. By profession, I am an engineer and was working full time job but stopped working so I can give ample time to my kids.
My love for cooking started after I had kids as I would be always searching for new ways to make them eat perfect meals. Making them eat the same food made it boring for. So I started searching and experimenting with different recipes. And my family is loving it.
More

2 comments :

  1. hi smita.. i make tindora sabji but never add jaggery.. Next time i vl try adding jaggery.. thanks for recipe. your recipe inspire me to cook more.. Good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try this recipe and let me know how it comes out. Thanks for your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete